Maximize Your Outcomes with Career Coaching
Career coaching maximizes your outcomes as you set goals for professional development. A coach will provide you with insight, guidance, and support for predictable results that work. You’ll become proficient at managing your career.
Learning to set the right goals
It’s essential to set the right goals so you can achieve them without unnecessary delays. A career coach will listen carefully and guide and support you through the process:
- Identify – As you discuss what you want to accomplish and why, you might become aware of smaller goals to include that you haven’t considered.
- Qualify – You will analyze your personal life, abilities, and talents to determine if each goal is realistic or if you need to modify it.
- Prioritize – Your coach will assist as you establish short- and long-term goals and prioritize them based on importance and logical order.
- Plan and strategize – Document a timeline or schedule for completing specific actions related to your goals. Identify potential obstacles and multiple ways to navigate each of them.
Successful professionals are continuous learners. Skill development will enhance your brand, improve your productivity, and build your character. Your coach will support you in:
- Identifying your strengths
- Recognizing your skill gaps
- Finding tools and resources for development
- Incorporating skill development into your timeline
If you’re not a natural at overcoming obstacles, or if you haven’t developed the art of doing so, include it as a skill gap and enroll in courses to assist you. Your coach will advise and support you as you:
- Identify internal and external obstacles
- Distinguish between obstacles and annoyances
- Consider the consequences of minimizing or removing obstacles
Sustaining professional development
Your ability to grow professionally is ongoing. A commitment to learning and enhancing your skills will affect how you view and approach your role. Even if you enjoy your career and don't want a change, sustaining professional development provides several positive outcomes:
- Avoids burnout
- Increases productivity
- Sustains work-life balance
- Minimizes stress
- Helps you love your job even more
Many goal-oriented professionals say that their career coach is one of their best friends. That’s because coaches are interested in your long-term development and are willing to support you throughout your career. At Terawatt, we offer live group-coaching sessions that are more affordable than one-on-one coaching. Our vetted coaches are experts you can trust to help you maximize the outcomes of your professional development. Visit our Coaches page and get to know them.
For more information, read our page, Top 20 Areas that Benefit from Support of a Career Coach.